Draw the shear force and bending moment diagram for the beam below
Divide both sides by coefficient of RB, -2.5
Computation of shear force diagram
Shear force at A= Reaction at A
S.F at A=2.8KN
S.F at C=2.8-2=0.8KN
S.F at D=2.8-2-4=-3.2
S.F at B= 2.8-2-4+3.2=0
Computation for bending moment diagram
Salient points to know
- When taking EMB=0, You will have reaction at support A
- when taking EMA=0, you will have reaction at support B.
- Downward loads are negative while upward forces are positive
- Clockwise direction is positive while Anticlockwise direction is negative
- Moment at a point is Zero
- In a shear force diagram, where there is no load in between it takes a horizontal straight line & point load follows the same manner. While in bending moment the point load takes inclined straight line.